If you are a cocktail lover, and traveling around the world is on your bucket list maybe this round-up will inspire you to go visit one of these cities. What's a better way to savour the local tastes of the destination than opting for their most popular beverages?
Luckily for us, we can stand proud as Joburg has landed a spot on the 35 Must-Try Cocktails Around the World list!
READ: I tried the world’s most luxurious Cognac and this is what it tastes like
According to Bloomberg the following cocktails around the world are worth getting tipsy on. How convenient is it to have a list of all the best cocktails around the world compiled into one list? It doesn't matter where in the world you might find yourself, there's always a delicious drink available!
Some of these cocktails might sound Greek to you, and others pretty familiar.
1. Johannesburg - Dawa cocktail at Sir James van der Merwe
The Dawa cocktail, derived from a Kenyan cocktail - is a combination of vodka, lime juice and honey.
2. Vienna - Bobe Special at Roberto American Bar
3. Florence - Negroni at Caffe Rivoire
The negroni cocktail was created in Florence and consists of equal parts gin, vermouth rosso, and Campari, with an orange peel.
4. Venice - Peach Bellini at Harry’s Bar
5. Hamilton, Bermuda - Rum Swizzle at Swizzle Inn
The cocktail consists of fresh orange juice, pineapple juice, rum and grenadine - it's perfectly blended with swizzle stick.
6. Paris - Bloody Mary at Harry’s New York Bar
7. Michelada at Salon Tenampa
A Michelada is a Mexican cocktail that contains beer with fresh lime juice and a salt rim, it can be garnished with fruits
8. New York - Shark Eye at Mother of Pearl
9. Shanghai - English mule
An English mule cocktail is usually presented in a copper jug, the ingredients are combination of vodka, ginger beer and lime.
10. Chicago - The Porthole at The Aviary
WATCH: South Africa’s applauded gin and brandy makers feature on CNN