If you are a cocktail lover, and traveling around the world is on your bucket list maybe this round-up will inspire you to go visit one of these cities. What’s a better way to savour the local tastes of the destination than opting for their most popular beverages?
Luckily for us, we can stand proud as Joburg has landed a spot on the 35 Must-Try Cocktails Around the World list!
According to Bloomberg the following cocktails around the world are worth getting tipsy on. How convenient is it to have a list of all the best cocktails around the world compiled into one list? It doesn’t matter where in the world you might find yourself, there’s always a delicious drink available!
Some of these cocktails might sound Greek to you, and others pretty familiar.
1. Johannesburg – Dawa cocktail at Sir James van der Merwe
The Dawa cocktail, derived from a Kenyan cocktail – is a combination of vodka, lime juice and honey.
2. Vienna – Bobe Special at Roberto American Bar
3. Florence – Negroni at Caffe Rivoire
The negroni cocktail was created in Florence and consists of equal parts gin, vermouth rosso, and Campari, with an orange peel.
4. Venice – Peach Bellini at Harry’s Bar
5. Hamilton, Bermuda – Rum Swizzle at Swizzle Inn
The cocktail consists of fresh orange juice, pineapple juice, rum and grenadine – it’s perfectly blended with swizzle stick.
6. Paris – Bloody Mary at Harry’s New York Bar
7. Michelada at Salon Tenampa
A Michelada is a Mexican cocktail that contains beer with fresh lime juice and a salt rim, it can be garnished with fruits
8. New York – Shark Eye at Mother of Pearl
9. Shanghai – English mule
An English mule cocktail is usually presented in a copper jug, the ingredients are combination of vodka, ginger beer and lime.
10. Chicago – The Porthole at The Aviary
WATCH: South Africa’s applauded gin and brandy makers feature on CNN