Your guide to the best dairy-free ice-cream
For every animal option there is a plant-based option which most of the time is healthier for you and tastes just as good. Plus the carbon footprint is much less than that of dairy ice-cream!
Studies show going dairy-free could actually benefit your health in quite a few ways; it helps decrease the occurance of ear infection, acne, digestive problems – which makes it perfect for sensitive stomachs, prevents milk allergies and reactions.The isoflavones in soy based ice-creams have been shown to assist in the lowering of bad blood cholesterol and according to research – they can also help in fighting cancer, specifically breast and prostate.
When making vegan ice-cream there are so many non-dairy options, here are a few:
Brazil nut milk
Try our Vegan roasted banana ice cream! So healthy and so satisfying!
Where can you get these treats and what are they called?
1. Cold Gold– Ice cream that is made according to dietary requirements with 100% natural ingredients. No added preservatives, chemicals, artificial flavouring/colourings or stabilizers. Pure guilt-free pleasure!
2. Le Coquin– Coconut based and naturally flavoured with no added sugar (brown or white)
3. Phat Fox Frozen Fun– coconut base using xylitol as a sweetener.
4. Caralishious– coconut base, cane-sugar free, low-carb and no colourants added.
5. Tofutti– Soy based frozen dessert