When load shedding hits unexpectedly, it can be a massive headache to make something to eat. Without electricity, gas or a braai, it can feel impossible to pull a meal together from your pantry. That’s where Food24 can help you!
We’ve made a shopping list of essential items that are non-perishable and long-lasting so you can simply light a candle, reach for the tin opener and pull together a tasty and nutritious meal.
Download and print out this shopping list to help you effortlessly prepare for load shedding:
1. Smoked mussels on avo toast
A quick meal that is packed with flavour, get the recipe here.
2. Fennel and apple coleslaw
A bright salad with lots of crunch!
4. Watermelon and biltong salad
5. Coleslaw with jalapeño and corn
6. Gourmet apple and cheddar cheese sandwiches
7. Beetroot salad with lentils, spinach and goat’s cheese
8. Triple-decker toasted tuna sandwich
10. Tuna, avocado and fennel salad
11. Nutritious four-bean salad
More load shedding meal inspirations right here on Food24.
Leave a Reply