COMPETITION CLOSED, THANK YOU.
Health enthusiasts will be delighted to hear that SASKO has a Low GI range in five delicious flavours that are packed with vitamins, minerals and high fibre – just in time for summer.
RECIPE: Seeded whole-wheat date balls
The five versatile variants are Seeded Whole Wheat Brown Bread, Whole Wheat Brown Bread, Oats and Honey-flavoured White Bread, Multi-seed Cranberry, Brown Bread and Linseed Bread. These can all be enjoyed as a sandwich with nutritious toppings or used in an array of delicious dishes to add extra goodness and balance to your meal.
RECIPE: Soy and linseed salmon-and-avo toast
“The SASKO Low GI range is a great choice for those who are looking for a healthier alternative. Each loaf has been crafted to deliver something special. If you’re looking for a fruit-flavoured alternative, the Low GI Cranberry is perfect. The Soy and Linseed loaf is a wonderful White Bread variant that is not only low GI but high in omega 3,” says Le-Anne Engelbrecht, SASKO Marketing Executive.
RECIPE: Cranberry bread breakfast cups
Clinical dietician Faaizah Laher, of Garden City Clinic, says: “The SASKO Low GI range is great because it is low GI and rich in fibre. A low-GI balanced diet can help you boost heart health, prevent constipation, ensure optimal growth and development, help reduce inflammation and ensure your body has the right nutrients for good health.”
“There are also many benefits to a diet rich in fibre,” she continues. “Fibre not only keeps our digestive systems regular and healthy, but also helps maintain a healthy weight by keeping blood sugar levels stable and helping you fight food cravings. Dietary fibre can also reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease and Type 2 diabetes.”
RECIPE: Whole-wheat chicken schnitzel
Laher says a healthy balanced diet contains 25-30g of dietary fibre. A single serving of SASKO Low GI bread contains approximately 3.6g of fibre, as well as many vitamins and minerals.
Each Added Care loaf contains a multitude of nutrients:
- The Low GI Seeded Whole Wheat Brown Bread with added manganese and a wonderful nutty flavour that makes every bite enjoyable. Manganese is a mineral that helps speed up your metabolism.
- If you’re looking for a tasty way to add fibre to your diet, try the Low GI Oats & Honey Flavoured White Bread. This South African favourite tastes like honey and is suitable for diabetics and strict vegetarians. Fibre can ease digestion and is great for gut health.
- For those days when you want to indulge in sweetness but don’t want to compromise your health, go for the Low GI Cranberry Brown Bread. Cranberries give you long-lasting energy and are a rich source of vitamins C and E.
- The much-loved Low GI Soy & Linseed White Bread is a source of omega-3 fatty acids. Put a tasty topping on a slice, enjoy the crunchy texture of linseed and know that omega 3 plays a role in lowering and maintaining cholesterol at a healthy level.
- If you’re looking for something that’s high in fibre, the Low GI Whole Wheat Brown Bread is perfect for you. Fibre is essential in maintaining a healthy gut. Loaded with goodness, without giving up taste, this loaf has only 247 calories in every 2 slices. No surprise, then, that it’s a family favourite.
RECIPE: Oats and honey bread pudding
WIN: Choose your favourite SASKO recipe and you could be the winner of a FitBit smart device. Three runners up will receive a bursting hamper of SASKO products and merchandise.
Win a FitBit and hampers with SASKO
COMPETITION CLOSED, THANK YOU.
For more information on SASKO and the range of products, visit the SASKO website or follow the official Facebook page and Instagram profile.
Competition terms and conditions
1 .The promoter of this competition is Media24 Proprietary Limited, acting through its New Media division (“New Media”, “we” or “us”).
2. The competition starts on Wednesday, 28 October 2020 and closes at 12h00 noon on Wednesday, 18 November 2020, unless otherwise informed by New Media.
3. The competition is open to South African residents only.
4. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
5. The following persons are excluded from this competition:
5.1 a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to New Media or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by New Media; and 5.2 a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition; and 5.3 the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of the parties referred to in 5.1 and 5.2. If you have won a New Media competition within the last 30 calendar days, you may not participate in this competition.
6. All entries must be submitted on the above form.
7. All entries, duly completed, must be received by New Media before the competition closing date and time. If not, such entry will not be eligible, regardless of the reason for the late receipt of the entry, including due to lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
8. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, or illegible will be void.
9. Only one entry per valid email address will be considered.
10. The prize winner will be selected randomly from valid participants and announced on or after Wednesday, 18 November 2020.
11. The winner’s name will be published on www.food24.com.
12. The winner will also be notified by means of the contact details provided to us on or before Wednesday, 18 November 2020. or as soon as possible thereafter.
13. You are hereby informed of your right to decline:
13.1 the use of your image in marketing material; 13.2 an invitation to participate in any marketing activity; 13.3 an invitation to be present when the draw is taking place or the winner is announced.
14. The prize is non-transferable.
15. We reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize at any time without notice to you.
16. We reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot, provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
17. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The prize will be delivered to the winner by SASKO. A full postage address must be supplied.
19. You may not be awarded a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you.
20. No “automated” entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually on our Platforms where the competition is displayed.
21. If any entry has been made in any manner which in New Media’s discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by New Media.
22. First prize: A FitBit smart device
Runner up prizes: 3 x SASKO Hampers.
Each of these includes:
· 2x SASKO Dumpy loaves (of course)
· 1x Spring Wellness Meal Planner Fridge Magnet (A3)
· SASKO Lunch Cooler
· Portable Smoothie Maker
· SASKO Resistance Bands
· SASKO Gym Towel
· 5x Superfood Jars – Honey, Mutliseeds, Oats, Cranberries, Linseeds
· 5x SASKO Wellness Recipe Cards
Leave a Reply