I’m sure I’m not the only one who is glowing with happiness that avocado season is in full swing! For those of you who also live on this rich, gorgeous green superfood, you’ll be able to join me in a sigh of relief that we don’t have to spend most of our monthly incomes on a small pack of four.
The two things that I’m sure everyone who has bought avocados will be able to relate to, is the annoying incidence when:
a) All the avos are rock hard
b) When all the avos are ripe and ready all at once (in an ideal world, they would all ripen beautifully one at a time, right?).
For some, the idea of eating avocado in anything BUT a salad is too outlandish but I really encourage you to give some of these recipes a try!
1. Avocado and berry smoothie – the avo lends a wonderfully creamy texture (in fact you could pop it into any smoothie because it has quite a neutral flavour when added to other foods).
2. Low carb avocado and coconut bread – great for those who are Banting!
3. Steak with avocado salsa and an Asian dressing – perfect for a light meal of protein and healthy fats.
4. Raw chocolate mousse – this recipe is a real hit with vegans because it tastes just like the real thing but without dairy or eggs! The best part? No one will even guess that there is avocado in it!
5. Baby marrow noodles with avocado pesto – a genius recipe that can be switched up by using regular pasta.
6. Eggs in bacon-wrapped avocado nests – another brilliant Banting meal. Breakfast for the win!
7. Healthy zucchini brownies with avocado frosting – No one will ever know there’s avo in the frosting!
Lastly – don’t forget the good ol’ guacamole.