During this time of the year stores are filled with the mass-produced, traditional hot cross buns that sometimes fail to live up to the standards that we expect.
These gorgeously spicy, fruity buns have been around for centuries and although we can’t say no to a hot, toasted bun with lashings of salted butter, it’s time to kick things up notch and include their heavenly flavour in all manner of desserts and sweet treats!
ALSO READ: Bet you never knew you could make these 3 things with marshmallow Easter eggs
Spice things up this Easter and make one of our modern hot cross bun inspired recipes.
1. Hot cross bun ice cream
2. Hot cross bun and white chocolate cake doughnuts
3. Frozen hot cross bun mousse with almond brittle
4. Hot cross bun cruffins with white chocolate sauce and tiramisu eggnog
5. Hot cross bun chocolate puddings
6. WATCH: Hot cross bun and Nutella baked pudding
7. Hot cross bun macarons
8. Hot cross bun and Amasi ice cream sandwiches
We’d love to know which of these you’re keen to try and how your attempt goes! Please comment or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.