Take your candy table to the next level with these awesome ideas
Parties are an exciting time and while preparing for one could get stressful, you can’t deny that there are some fun factors too like planning and actually executing a sweets buffet!
I don’t know about you but the prospect of a sweets-heaven literally makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.
Now, while creating a candy buffet might seem quite easy to pull off, it does get tricky especially if you want it to look Instagramable, appealing to the eye and executed like a pro.
You’ll be surprised by how meticulous planning will play into your favour when doing a candy table. You’d want to go for a well thought out look where all the elements work together beautifully also without it looking too formal.
Here are some cool ideas to jazz up your masterpiece!
1. Even though this one should go without saying – opt for a rectangular table instead of a round one. This will make is easier for your guests to reach the sweets (that’s if you want them to) and it will work better aesthetically
2. Do not underestimate the power of a cool background for your table and also make sure to put some thought into which table cloth you’ll use.
3. Use your theme as a navigation point for colours – soft colours and complementary colours works well for baby showers whereas bold and bright colours will be great for a kiddies party (depending on the theme).
4. Make some ready-make candy kebabs if you aren’t keen on the idea of your guests devouring all the candy…
5. Your centre piece is important and can easily set the tone for the rest of your table! A macaroon tower or cake this like would be good options.
6. Buy a huge variety of all kinds of sweeties. Opt for open gummy candies like these because wrapped sweets have the ability to make your table look cheap.
PRO TIP: Do not forget scoops, ladles and tongs. Nobody wants to eat from a jar that everyone’s hands have been in.
7. Swap the table for a cart!
8. Steps will add some height and dimension and it will take care of the cluttered factor for you.