(Image: La Colombe Facebook)
Sometimes we forget that celebrities (local or not) are normal human beings just like us – they enjoy eating out, trying the hottest new restaurants and they have their favourites too.
ALSO READ: 6 Restaurants from the movies that really exist
The exciting thing about local celebs hanging out at South African restaurants is the fact that there’s a chance you might bump into them or when visiting one of these restaurants, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that your favourite celeb was there. Eek!
1. Melinda Bam, Miss South Africa 2011, posted a picture of her and a friend indulging in some “pre-birthday” celebrations at Aroma Gourmet Coffee Roastery and Bistro in Pretoria not too long ago.
2. Pearl Thusi, SA’s golden girl, also recently celebrated her birthday with close friends and family at The Codfather in Sandton.
3. The Mother City’s own Jimmy Nevis appeared to be having a great time at the popular Japanese restaurant Nobu in October last year.
4. Obviously Mi Casa’s J’Something would enjoy spending time at his restaurant, Something’s Cooking By J.
5. Late last year the lovely Nomzamo Mbatha celebrated the shoot of her first French magazine cover at the Saxon Hotel Villa and Spa.
6. Judging by her Instagram, Terry Pheto loves eating out. She also travels a lot and this comes with the opportunity of getting to try out so many restaurants abroad which she clearly takes full advantage of! Back home, however, she’s hanging out at the Arbour Cafe and Courtyard, Illovo Square and Maboneng Precinct.
7. South African cricketer, Faf du Plessis, spent “date night” at Constantia’s award winning fine dining establishment, La Colombe, at the beginning of this year.
8. The bubbly television and radio personality Elana Afrika-Bredenkamp is also one that loves eating out. Her Instagram account shows that she loves De Grendel and she even had her baby shower there. She also shared where to get an “ambition remedy” – the Gin bar. She eats pies at Knead Bakery and also dined at the marvelous Babylonstoren.
9. Jo Ann Strauss – Miss South Africa 2001, media personality and Modern Mommy blogger’s- Instagrams makes us so jealous! She gets to travel all over the world regularly and she’s regularly seen eating out. She loves newly opened, The Sorrows Bar and had breakfast there recently with her cute family.
10. South Africa’s it girl, Bonang Matheba recently hosted a lunch for the Bonang Matheba bursary recipients at Morrells Boutique Guest House in Northcliff. She also posted a picture of herself and a friend casually lounging and having drinks at Urbanologi.
11. Radio host and TV presenter, Zoë Brown’s exciting Instagram feed keeps us glued! She’s been seen enjoying an afternoon with friends at Constantia Glen Wine Estate, her 25th birthday cake was from the Velvet Cake Company and enjoying drinks at the President Hotel in Cape Town.