So my friends Brad, Prabh and Kudu are on a quest to find the best ribs in Cape Town. Not a bad way to spend your time.
I couldn’t make the first 2 outings due to prior engagements, but on the 3rd one at Gibson’s at the V&A Waterfront, I mentioned the #ribquest on twitter. The response I got is the basis of this newsletter.
People loved it! (Follow @food24 on Twitter for the latest updates.)
We often run votes on Food24. We round up some top restaurants that are popular for certain cuisine types like best steak in Joburg, best pizza in Cape Town etc and then we ask our readers to vote. We get phenomenal responses to these and much fanfair is made of the winner.
who reads articles now that we have such amusing people to follow on
twitter? So, this latest experiment got me thinking. A real live twitter
#food24quest – and every one of you can take part.
It goes like this.
1. Round up some of your favourite tweeps.
2. Pick a cuisine type – curry, Mexican, sushi, Portuguese, Steaks, Vegetarian… whatever blows your hair back.
3. Find out where the best places are that are near you (ask us if you are not sure)
4. Hit a new one once a week (we usually do it on a #phuzathursday night – you are most welcome to join us at any time).
5. Tweet us @food24
(and the restaurant if they have a twitter handle) with the hashtag
#ribquest #pizzaquest #steakquest (you get the idea) … and if you can
include the city you are in #CapeTown #Joburg
6. It’s lots of fun, trust me, and you may just win something fun from us. Like vouchers to your favourite restaurant.
7. So, it’s on. Tweet us. Also tweet us fun stuff from your evening out! Like Prabh does… We love reading them!
Leave a Reply