Reconnect with your loved ones this summer and win a R5,000 voucher from Simba
Partner content with Simba.
Simba, long part of South Africa’s history, has unveiled one of its largest brand relaunches in recent memory to celebrate the rich flavours of South Africa and to emphasise what the Simba brand does best – bringing people together.
TALK TO US: Complete this quick survey.
The 2020 Simba relaunch comes after a period when moments with family and friends have been scarce, as we look to rebuild the meaningful connections that are such an important part of South African societal fabric.
“People are feeling the need to connect now more than ever,” says Agnes Kitololo, Platform Director, Potato Chips, PepsiCo Sub-Saharan Africa. “Simba can be the catalyst for rebuilding those meaningful connections with family and friends. That’s what the relaunch campaign is all about.”
The relaunch campaign brings new energy to the brand South Africans have loved for more than 60 years. It incorporates collaborations with up-and-coming fashion designers, a dance track from Amapiano star DJ Maphorisa, new authentic SA flavours (chakalaka and chilli biltong) and lots more.
“PepsiCo puts the people we serve at the heart of everything we do,” says Giulia Iorio-Ndlovu, Simba Chief Marketing Officer, PepsiCo Sub-Saharan Africa. “Simba is proud to celebrate the rich, diverse flavours of South Africa coming together. With our 2020 relaunch, Simba is still South Africa’s much-loved brand of chips, but modernised and more vibrant, without losing any of its heritage – Simba the Lion and those great-tasting, authentic SA flavours. This is the biggest relaunch in 10 years. It was the right time to rejuvenate our brand when we have the insights and the boldness we need – and now we’re ready to roar louder than ever!”
WIN: A R5,000 retail shopping voucher courtesy of Simba, to help you reconnect with your loved ones this summer.
Simba (Pty) Ltd was established in 1956. Simba (Pty) Ltd is a subsidiary of PepsiCo, global producer of convenient snacks, foods and beverages. The company is responsible for a number of household favourites including Simba, Lays, Doritos, NikNaks, Fritos, Pepsi Cola, 7UP, Mirinda and Mountain Dew.
For more information visit www.simba.co.za.
Competition terms and conditions
1 .The promoter of this competition is Media24 Proprietary Limited, acting through its New Media division (“New Media”, “we” or “us”).
2. The competition starts on Sunday, 1 November 2020, and closes at 12noon on Monday, 30 November 2020, unless otherwise informed by New Media.
3. The competition is open to South African residents only.
4. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
5. The following persons are excluded from this competition:
5.1 a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to New Media or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by New Media; and 5.2 a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition; and 5.3 the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of the parties referred to in 5.1 and 5.2. If you have won a New Media competition within the last 30 calendar days, you may not participate in this competition.
6. All entries must be submitted on the above form.
7. All entries, duly completed, must be received by New Media before the competition closing date and time. If not, such entry will not be eligible, regardless of the reason for the late receipt of the entry, including due to lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
8. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, or illegible will be void.
9. Only one entry per valid email address will be considered.
10. The prize winner will be selected randomly from valid participants and announced on or after Monday, 30 November 2020.
11. The winner’s name will be published on www.food24.com.
12. The winner will also be notified by means of the contact details provided to us on or before Monday, 30 November 2020, or as soon as possible thereafter.
13. You are hereby informed of your right to decline:
13.1 the use of your image in marketing material; 13.2 an invitation to participate in any marketing activity; 13.3 an invitation to be present when the draw is taking place or the winner is announced.
14. The prize is non-transferable.
15. We reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize at any time without notice to you.
16. We reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot, provide sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity.
17. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The prize will be delivered to the winner by Jack Daniel’s South Africa. A full postage address must be supplied.
19. You may not be awarded a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you.
20. No “automated” entries will be allowed and all entries must be made by a natural person manually on our Platforms where the competition is displayed.
21. If any entry has been made in any manner which in New Media’s discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct, such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by New Media.
A R5,000 shopping voucher from Simba