|4||cake wheat flour|
|10 g||instant dried yeast|
|750 ml||vegetable oil|
1. Mix together the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Then stir in enough water to form a soft pliable dough.
2. Once most of the flour has been incorporated, switch to using your hands.
3. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, roughly 10 minutes.
4. Once smooth, place the dough into an oiled dish, cover and leave to rise until double in size.
5. Once risen, knock the dough down with your hand and knead into its original size.
6. Divide the dough into equal pieces, about 12. Shape them into round balls.
7. Heat the vegetable oil for frying to about 170C. Test the oil by sprinkling a pinch of flour into the pot. If the flour sizzles and browns, the oil is ready.
8. Place the dough in the hot oil, leaving some space between each dumpling. Flip them over to brown equally on both sides.
9. Once browned, place the amagwinya into a pot and cover with a lid. Leave to sit for 5 minutes. This step will ensure that the magwinya have a soft texture, but still retain the crunchy exterior.