|250 g||white chocolate|
|5 ml||vanilla essence|
|3||eggs — separated|
|granadilla pulp — to garnish|
Creamy, smooth and a soothing end to a meal. This French dessert is topped with granadilla but you can use any fruit of your choice.
1. Put the white chocolate, milk and vanilla essence in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Heat until the chocolate has just melted, stirring often. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg yolks to the melted chocolate one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Whisk the cream in a bowl until soft peaks form then fold through the chocolate mixture until just combined.
4. Whisk the egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold through the chocolate mixture in 2 batches.
5. Divide the mousse among four ramekins, glasses or jars. Cover and chill for 3 hours or until set. Remove from the fridge and spoon the granadilla pulp on top just before serving.