|15.00 ml||fresh chillies — 573|
|5.00||garlic — cloves, sliced|
|2.00||green pepper — chopped|
|250.00 g||courgettes — thinly sliced|
|250.00 ml||tomatoes — tinned, peeled and chopped|
|black pepper — freshly ground|
|410.00 g||butter beans — tinned, drained and rinsed|
|400.00 g||red kidney beans — tinned, drained and rinsed|
|400.00 ml||chickpeas — cooked|
|15.00 ml||fresh sage|
|lemon juice — to taste|
|600.00 g||potatoes — mashed|
|40.00 g||parmesan cheese|
1. Preheat the oven to 190 ºC. Heat 10 ml of the oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat for 1 minute. Add 2 of the garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute.
2. Add the peppers and courgettes, sauté, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until they are al dente (cooked, but firm). Add 180 ml of the tomatoes, salt and black pepper and cook, uncovered for 5 minutes longer.
3. Place the canned beans, chickpeas, the remaining oil, garlic, tomatoes and sage in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Season with lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
4. Spoon the purée into a lightly greased casserole dish, top with the courgette mixture. Flavour the mashed potatoes with Parmesan and seasoning, and then spoon on top.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.