|200 g||70% dark chocolate — chopped|
|150 g||butter — unsalted|
|125 g||sugar — dark brown|
|125 g||castor sugar|
|30 ml||cocoa powder|
|salt — just a pinch|
|100 g||double-decker chocolate — cut into blocks|
Outrageously chocolaty brownies that will have everyone asking for more.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease a 23 cm square baking tin and line with baking paper.
1. Heat water in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
2. Put the dark chocolate pieces in a heatproof bowl over the water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir in the butter and heat until the chocolate and butter has melted. Set aside.
3. Whisk the sugars into the melted chocolate mixture then add the eggs. Whisk until bubbly.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt together in a separate bowl and gently fold the dry ingredient into the chocolate mixture until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin. Scatter the double-decker chocolate blocks on top and bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan, remove and cut into squares.