|125 g||butter — cold, cubed|
|oil — basil infused|
|20 g||fresh basil — shredded|
|1||chicken — cooked, deboned, skinned and shredded|
|125 ml||sun-dried tomatoes — chopped|
|2||feta cheese — roughly crumbled|
|150g g||mozzarella cheese — grated|
|lemon — zested|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1||eggs — yolks only, whisked|
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
1. Pastry: Put the flour and salt in the bowl of a food processor, add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles bread-crumbs.
2. Add the egg and half the milk and pulse until the dough starts to bind. Add the rest of the milk little by little until a dough forms. Remove the dough and knead lightly. Shape into a ball, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Basil oil: Put the basil and olive oil in a small saucepan. Heat over a low heat until bubbles start forming around the basil. Re-move from the stove and set aside to cool completely.
4. Filling: Combine the ingredients well. Add 60ml (¼c) of the cooled basil oil and mix.
5. Assembly Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to about 2mm thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut into 10cm rounds.
6. Brush a little egg yolk around the edge of each pastry round. Spoon filling into the middle and fold the pastry over to form halfmoon-shaped pastries. Fold in the edges and pinch to seal.
7. Arrange the empanadas on the prepared baking sheet and brush lightly with egg yolk. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and done. Serve with the rest of the basil oil for dipping