A classic family favourite. Cheesy, delicious and always a winner with the kids.
|salt and white pepper|
|80 g||cheddar cheese — grated|
|300 g||pasta — macaroni|
|200 g||bacon — chopped|
|1||red onion — chopped|
|2 ml||each chilli powder, ground cumin and paprika|
|500 ml||chicken — cooked and shredded|
|1||sweetcorn — creamed|
|fresh parsley — chopped|
Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Grease a 23×18 cm baking dish.
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Take the pan off the heat and gradually stir in the milk while stirring to form a smooth sauce. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
2. Simmer gently for 8 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Stir in the cheese and let it melt.
3. Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions until just done. Drain and set aside.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the bacon and onion for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Add the spices, chicken and sweetcorn and simmer until heated through.
5. Stir the pasta and cheese sauce into the chicken mixture and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Bake for about 10 minutes and serve with the parsley sprinkled on top.