|30.00 ml||sunflower oil|
|30.00 ml||oranges — zest only|
|5.00 ml||curry powder — medium|
|1.00||fresh coriander — sprigs|
|30.00 ml||fresh ginger — freshly grated|
|1.00 kg||sweet potatoes — peeled and chopped|
|4.00||parsnips — peeled, diced|
|5.00||leeks — thinly sliced|
|4.00||carrots — thinly sliced|
|10.00 ml||sea salt|
|freshly ground black pepper — to taste|
|1.00 Litres||stock — chicken|
|20.00||fresh coriander — sprigs|
1. Heat butter and oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan until foaming. Add orange peel, curry powder, coriander, sugar, ginger, sweet potato and other vegetables. Stir-fry for 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Cover the saucepan with the lid and simmer very gently over low heat until the vegetables have softened, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the salt and pepper, then gradually add first the chicken stock and then the milk, stirring from time to time.
4. Remove the saucepan from the stove and purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Return soup to the saucepan and reheat for 5 to 10 minutes longer. Stir in the cream. Spoon into heated bowls with a ladle and garnish with coriander. Serve with toast on the side.