|8||chicken breast fillets — chopped|
|2||large brown onions — finely chopped|
|1||large chilli — deseeded and finely chopped|
|1 tsp||fresh chillies — 573|
|1 Tbs||tomato paste|
|2 cup||stock — vegetable or chicken|
|1 Tbs||curry powder|
|1 Tbs||ginger — ground|
|1 Tbs||cumin — ground|
|1 Tbs||turmeric — ground|
|7.5 ml||garam masala|
|6||cardamom — pods|
1. In a large pot on medium heat, melt the butter and add the olive oil.
2. Add the chopped onion and cook until transparent then add the chopped chilli and the spices.
3. Add the chicken and cook for a few minutes while you heat up the tomato paste in a separate pan.
4. Add the tomato paste and cook for a few minutes.
5. Add the stock and salt and pepper, stir together and when the chicken is lovely and tender, your curry is ready.
Serve with chutney, sliced banana, tomato and onion salsa, yoghurt and papadums
TIP: Put your whole spices into a small piece of mesh or muslin tied with string so that it is easy to avoid them when serving.
Recipe extract from Suzelle DIY cookbook.