|1.00 kg||oranges — Seville|
1. Cut or mince fruit, removing pips.
2. Soak overnight in water to cover, with pips tied up in a piece of muslin.
3. Put fruit, water and pips into a saucepan, cover and simmer slowly until peel is soft, about 90 minutes.
4. Take out bag of pips.
5. Stir in sugar and bring to boil.
6. Boil rapidly, uncovered, until setting point is reached, about 20 minutes. Start testing (see tips) after 10 minutes. Cool and pack in sterilised jars.
TOTAL KILOJOULE COUNT: 39 560 kJ (9 455 Cal).
Makes 2 to 3 jars.