|2||eggs — seperated|
|375 ml||rice — cooked|
|500 ml||coconut milk — full cream diary milk|
|1,2 ml||cardamom — ground|
|5 ml||vanilla — essence|
|salt — just a pinch|
|desiccated coconut and/or cherries|
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease an ovenproof dish or 5 ramekins with non-stick spray.
1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until pale in colour and thickened
2. Heat the rice, coconut or dairy milk, ground cardamom and vanilla essence in a saucepan until warm.
3. Add a little of the rice mixture to the egg yolk mixture. Return the yolk/rice mixture to the sauce-pan and mix. Stir for 5-7 minutes over low heat until the mixture has thickened slightly. Let it cool for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Add the salt to the egg whites and whisk into stiff peaks form. Fold into the rice mixture and spoon into the prepared ovenproof dish or ramekins.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until set. Eat while warm.
6. Topping: If you’re making the caramelised sugar topping, let the pudding cool, sprinkle the sugar over and brown in the oven or with a blow torch. Sprinkle the coconut over and garnish with cherries (if using).