|500 g||box red velvet cake mix|
|230 g||cream cheese — softened|
|240 g||white chocolate|
|80 g||dark chocolate|
Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 23cm cake tin with nonstick spray.
1. Prepare the cake according to the package instructions, pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool completely on a wire rack.
2. Crumble the cake into a large bowl, add the cream cheese and knead gently with your fingers until the cheese is fully incorporated.
3. Scoop a tablespoon of the cake and roll into balls, place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and chill until needed.
4. Melt the white chocolate. Remove the cake balls form the fridge and use a toothpick to dip them one at a time in the melted chocolate. Put back onto the baking paper. Chill until the chocolate is firm.
5. Melt the dark chocolate, pour into a small sandwich bag, cut the corner off and pipe the melted chocolate over the truffle cakes. Store in the fridge.
TIP: The truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks and in the freezer for up to three months.