|1 kg||chicken — pieces|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|125 ml||good-quality mayonnaise or salad cream|
|5 ml||brown sugar|
|125 ml||milk — or yoghurt|
|60 ml||flour — cake|
|150 ml||stock — chicken|
An easy, tasty meal you can whip up in in a jiffy – you probably already have all these ingredients in your kitchen.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease an ovenproof dish with nonstick food spray.
2. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place in the prepared dish.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and pour the mixture over the chicken pieces.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until done and golden brown.
5. Serve with jasmine rice and avocado salad.
• Instead of chakalaka, add chilli sauce, wholegrain mustard, basil pesto or tomato pesto to mayonnaise.
• Avocado salad: Place a few cooked asparagus spears on a platter, top with avocado slices and squeeze lemon juice over. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle a little salt on top.