|125.00 g||parmesan cheese|
|60.00 ml||broccoli — cut into florets|
|15.00 ml||fresh chillies — 573|
|60.00 ml||courgettes — sliced|
|60.00 ml||butternut — cubed|
|60.00 ml||carrots — cut into strips|
|60.00 ml||white mushrooms — sliced|
|500.00 g||pasta — fettuccine|
|30.00 ml||fresh mixed herbs — basil, lemon thyme or oregano|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
1. Soften the butter. Slowly beat in cream and Parmesan cheese. Set aside. Alternatively, prepare mixture in advance and refrigerate until needed.
2. Prepare the broccoli and green beans (or asparagus) by plunging them into boiling water for 4-5 minutes (blanching) and then plunging once again (refreshing) in cold water. Heat the olive oil (or use butter with a little oil added, see tips) to stir-fry the baby marrows, butternut, carrots, mushrooms and shredded spinach. Be sure that the vegetables are piping hot before adding them to the pasta. The blanched and refreshed vegetables can be added to the stir fry and tossed for a few moments until piping hot.
3. Warm the serving bowl while you cook the fettucine.
4. Bring 3-4 litres lightly salted water to a rolling boil in a large, tall saucepan or pasta pot. Drop in fettucine and stir for a few moments to prevent strands from sticking together or to the bottom of the saucepan.
5. Boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Test by tasting, it should still be firm to the bite.
6. Drain pasta immediately in a colander. Lift the strands with a pasta ladle as you do so, to make sure the pasta is thoroughly drained.
7. Lift the pasta into the heated serving bowl. Add the butter, cream and cheese mixture as well as the fresh herbs and toss until every strand is well coated.
8. Gently fold in hot vegetables and season with a little salt and pepper. Serve good-quality grated Parmesan cheese separately.
Toss pasta with 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil (or more, to taste), 30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice, 5 ml (1 tsp) bottled chilli paste and at least 12 fresh basil leaves. Add prepared vegetables.
Soak 4 anchovy fillets in milk for 5 to 10 minutes. Purée anchovy fillets with 4 crushed garlic cloves to make a smooth paste. Gradually add 60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil (or more, to taste) and 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice. Toss with pasta before adding the vegetables.