No oven required for this delicious layered cheesecake!
|200 g||tea biscuits|
|50 g||butter — melted|
|125 ml||water — cold|
|2 tsp||cocoa powder|
|½ tsp||instant coffee granules|
|60 ml||water — boiled|
|385 ml||condensed milk|
|500 g||cottage cheese — creamed|
|125 ml||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||Robertson's vanilla essence|
Prepare a loose-bottom, 20 cm cake pan and line with cling film.
1. CRUST Crush the biscuits until fine. Add the butter and mix through until all the crumbs are covered with butter.
2. Transfer to the cake pan. Spread evenly over the bottom of the pan and press down. Refrigerate to set slightly.
3. FILLING Sponge the gelatine in cold water. In a small mixing bowl combine the cocoa, coffee and boiling water. Mix into a paste.
4. Beat cream until stiff. Add the condensed milk in a thin stream while beating.
5. Add the cottage cheese, lemon juice and vanilla essence and beat well. Melt the gelatine and combine with the creamed cheese. Mix thoroughly.
6. Divide the mixture in half. Stir the cocoa mixture into one half of the mixture. Spoon half the plain mixture over the biscuits and put in the freezer for 5 minutes, Spoon half the chocolate mixture over the plain layer.
7. Repeat the process until all the mixtures have been layered. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.