“The recipe is so easy because it’s done in the microwave."
|125 g||dark chocolate — chopped|
|2||eggs — whisked|
|125 ml||flour — self-raising|
|80 ml||hazelnuts — chopped|
|hazelnuts — chopped|
“The recipe is so easy because it’s done in the microwave,” says YOU reader Cay Mare of Hout Bay.
1. Cake grease a 18 x 6 cm square microwave dish.
2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave oven for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds. Beat until smooth.
3. Add the remaining cake ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the dish and smooth the top.
5. Put the dish on an upturned saucer in the microwave and cook on high for 4 minutes.
6. Leave to cool in the dish for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
7. Topping spread Nutella on the cake. Decorate with a handful of extra chopped
Tip: to remove the shells of the hazelnuts, place warm roasted hazelnuts on a tea towel and gently rub the shells off.