|salt — just a pinch|
|250 ml||water — warm|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|120 g||mozzarella cheese — torn into pieces|
|or 250 ml||fresh basil — torn|
Meatless Monday – a perfect reason to have pizza tonight!
1. Base: In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast and sugar. Stir in the salt and pour in the water.
2. Use your hand to mix the ingredients and bring the dough together. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Rub a clean bowl with oil and put the dough in the bowl. Cover with a tea cloth and leave in a warm place for 45 minutes or until double in volume.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Punch the dough down with your fist and turn out on a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough in two and roll out each half to make a large round pizza. Transfer to a greased baking sheet.
5. Topping: Arrange the tomato slices on the pizza bases, overlapping them slightly, drizzle with the oil and season well with salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Add the mozzarella cheese and bake for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle basil and serve