|10 ml||bicarbonate of soda|
|60 ml||jam — apricot|
|500 ml||flour — cake|
|salt — just a pinch|
|375 ml||water — boiled|
|45 ml||vanilla — essence|
Pull the family out of the midweek doldrums with an after-supper treat. Try Joye Barnard of Vereeniging’s mouthwatering malva pudding.
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease an ovenproof dish with nonstick spray.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and eggs together.
3. Mix the vinegar and bicarbonate of soda and to the jam.
4. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the creamed butter and jam mixtures and mix while pouring in the milk and salt to form a batter. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 55 minutes or until golden brown.
5. SAUCE Bring the ingredients to the boil in a small saucepan, stirring frequently.
6. Pour the sauce over the pudding as it comes out of the oven.
Serve hot with ice cream or custard.