4 servings Prep: 15 mins, Cooking: 1 hr
Tap for method
|2 tbsp||coconut oil|
|1||onion — chopped|
|1 clove||garlic — crushed|
|500 g||lamb mince|
|2 tbsp||tomato paste|
|1 tsp||Italian herbs|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper — to taste|
|1/2 cup||beef stock|
|1 large head of||cauliflower|
|ground nutmeg — to taste|
Tap for ingredients
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the lamb mince, tomato paste, Italian herbs, salt and pepper, stirring well. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the meat is browned.
- Add the stock and simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Set the meat mixture aside and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Steam the cauliflower until very soft. Place in a food processor and purée until smooth. While the blender is running, add the egg yolk and the butter, until melted and smooth. Add nutmeg to season.
- To assemble the pie, fill an ovenproof dish with the mince and top with the mash, spreading evenly. Grill in oven for 15 minutes until golden on top.
For more #SheepThrills, visit www.cookingwithlamb.com. Supported by the Red Meat Industry of South Africa.