|500 ml||flour — cake|
|15 ml||baking powder|
|15 ml||poppy seeds|
|500 ml||yoghurt — buttermilk|
|poppy seeds — or sesame seeds|
|radishes — slices|
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Dust a large baking sheet with a
little cake flour.
1. Mix the cake flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds
(if using) in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the yoghurt or buttermilk and
eggs together, then add to the flour mixture. Mix until a soft dough has
formed. Knead lightly until smooth.
3. Divide the dough into12 equal-size balls. Roll each into a
10cm cigar. Pinch the ends together to form a ring. Arrange the dough rings on
the prepared baking sheet.
4. Lightly brush milk over the bagels, then sprinkle extra
poppy or sesame seeds over (if using).
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and done.
Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container until needed.
6. Halve the bagels horizontally, spread cream cheese on both
sides and top with radish slices and fresh herbs.