2 servings Prep: 30 mins, Cooking: 20 mins
Tap for method
|1||nectarine — whole, sliced into wedges|
|2 cup||lentils — cooked|
|vinegar — apple cider|
|3||cucumber — baby, sliced|
|100 g||chevin — crumbled|
|1||cashew nuts — toasted|
|3||pecorino cheese — grated|
|1||garlic — cloves, roasted|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper — to taste|
Tap for ingredients
- Preheat the oven grill.Make the pesto by rubbing the peppers with oil and placing under the grill. Turn the peppers regularly and grill until the skin is black and blistered in spots.
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap so that the peppers sweat and cool down. Once cooled, peel off the skin and de-seed the peppers.
- Place the peppers in a blender with the nuts, cheese and garlic.
- Blend to a paste, adding more olive oil as needed and season to taste.
brush the nectarine wedges with olive oil and neatly grill on a griddle
pan on each side until griddle marks appear. Set aside.
- Drizzle the cooked lentils with some olive oil and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Add the cucumber and mix through.
- Top the lentils with the nectarine wedges and then with the cheese and herbs.
- Dot the salad with the pesto and serve the rest of the pesto on the side.Reprinted with permission of Hein Stirred. To see more recipes, click here.