|4||phyllo pastry — sheets|
|60 ml||butter — melted|
|125 ml||cream cheese — flavoured, plain|
|1/2||chicken — cooked, deboned, roughly shredded|
|250 g||tomatoes — sliced into chunks|
|1||red onion — sliced|
|2||garlic — cloves, chopped|
|50 g||olives — pitted|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|fresh basil — handful|
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking sheet with
1. Lightly brush each phyllo sheet with butter and layer the
sheets on top of one another. Then put the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
2. Spread cream cheese on the pastry, keeping a 2cm border
clear of cheese.
3. Arrange the chicken, tomatoes, onion, garlic and olives
(if using) on top of the cream cheese. Season with the salt and pepper.
4. Fold the borders of the pastry up over the sides of the
filling, creasing the edges so they stay in place.
5. Brush a little butter all around the edges of the pastry.
Drizzle olive oil over the filling and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the
pastry is golden brown and crispy.
6. Sprinkle the basil over, slice and serve.