12 servings Prep: 30 mins, Cooking: 30 mins
Tap for method
|200 g||McCain Baby Carrots|
|160 g||butter — melted and cooled slightly|
|260 g||cake flour|
|7,5 ml||baking powder|
|40 g||pecan nuts|
|150 g||white sugar|
|1||orange — zested|
Cream cheese icing
|55 g||butter — softened|
|100 g||smooth cream cheese — medium-fat|
|1||orange — grated zest|
Tap for ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Line a six-cup American muffin pan with paper casings.
- Place the frozen McCain Baby Carrots in a small microwavable bowl and top with cling wrap. Cook in the microwave from frozen for 3–4 minutes or until just soft. Remove and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled carrots in the bowl of a food processor and add the cooled melted butter. Pulse the carrots with the butter until a smooth purée forms.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the sugar in a mixing bowl, mix through and set aside until needed.
- Combine the sugar, eggs and zest in a bowl. Mix until light and fluffy with an electric hand mixer. Add the milk and mix through. Add the carrot purée to the egg mixture and mix through.
- Fold the dry ingredient mixture through the egg mixture until well mixed but do not over mix.
- Ladle the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a testing needle comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Combine all the ingredients for the icing in a medium bowl and mix through with an electric hand mixer. Spread the icing on the muffins and enjoy.