|200 g||butter — slightly softened|
|375 ml||flour — self-raising|
|7,5 ml||Baking powder|
|4 x 250 ml||icing sugar|
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line and grease a deep 20 x 18cm
1. Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl until the mixture is
pale in colour and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
3. Gradually add in the flour and baking powder and gently
4. Finally, fold in the coffee. Bake for 20–30 minutes until
risen and firm. When you insert a skewer in the middle of the cake, it should
come out clean. Leave the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Cream the butter and icing sugar until pale and fluffy.
Slowly add the coffee and mix well. Cover with clingfilm and set aside.
6. Once the cake is completely cool, cut the sponge in half
horizontally. Spread half the icing on the bottom half. Put the second sponge
on top and cover with the remaining icing.
7. Decorate with caramel popcorn and tuck in!