|4 x 250 ml||popcorn|
|200 g||dark chocolate — broken into pieces|
|100 g||butter — cubed|
|45 ml||golden syrup|
|2 ml||cinnamon — ground|
|salt — just a pinch|
|50 g||white chocolate|
These yummy chocolate-coated popcorn treats are easy to put together and will be a real hit with the kids.
Line a square baking tin (20-30 cm) with baking paper.
1. Heat a splash of oil in a large saucepan and, when hot, stir in the popcorn. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook over medium-low heat, shaking the saucepan now and then, until all the kernels have popped.
2. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate with the butter, golden syrup, ground cinnamon and salt in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir to mix well.
3. Toss the popcorn with the melted chocolate mixture and tip into the prepared baking tin. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture firmly into the tin. Chill for 1 hour to set.
4. Turn out onto a board and remove the paper. Melt the white chocolate and, using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate all over the top. Chill until set.
5. Using a large sharp serrated knife, cut into squares.