|180 ml||flour — sifted|
|60 ml||cocoa powder — sifted|
|125 ml||caster sugar — sifted|
|10 ml||baking powder|
|5 ml||vanilla — essence|
|80 g||butter — melted|
|200 g||butter — softened|
|250 ml||peanut butter|
|500 ml||icing sugar — sifted|
|15 ml||vanilla — essence|
|300 g||dark chocolate — chopped|
|10 ml||vanilla — essence|
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a muffin pan with paper cups.
1. Cupcakes: In a mixing bowl combine all the sifted dry ingredients and make a well in the centre of the mixture.
2. Combine the vanilla, butter, eggs and milk in a jug and add it to the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until cakes are baked through.
4. Peanut butter cream: Cream butter and peanut butter until fluffy in a mixing bowl. Add the icing sugar and continue mixing until well blended.
5. Add essence and 60ml (¼ c) cream. Blend until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy. Add more cream if needed.
6. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
7. Chocolate glaze: In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the cream until hot, but not boiling.
8. Place chocolate pieces in a glass bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes or until chocolate has melted. Whisk the cream and chocolate until smooth and thoroughly combined. Whisk in the honey and essence. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
9. Spoon the glaze on the tops of the frosted cupcakes, allowing it to drip down the sides a bit.