|7 ml||bicarbonate of soda|
|100 g||cocoa powder|
|250 g||flour — cake|
|10 ml||dried chilli flakes|
|5 ml||vanilla — essence|
|2||eggs — extra-large|
|250 ml||water — hot|
|100 g||chocolate — bar-one|
It’s International Chocolate Cake Day! Celebrate with these spicy treats.
1. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a large jug or a bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat for about 2 minutes until smooth and well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases to three-quarters full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
6. Topping: Melt the ingredients in a glass bowl over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring from time to time. Leave to cool slightly then spread over the chilli cupcakes.