|250 ml||flour — cake, sifted|
|3 ml||Robertson's baking powder|
|1 ml||Robertson's bicarbonate of soda|
|100 g||walnuts — chopped|
|250 ml||brown sugar|
|15 ml||water — hot|
|5 ml||vanilla — essence|
|90 g||milk chocolate — chopped|
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease a 20 cm square baking tin.
1. Sift together the dry ingredients and stir in the nuts.
2. Melt the margarine, remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and water. Allow to cool.
3. Beat the egg and vanilla essence into the margarine mixture. Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Pour into the prepared baking tin.
4. Sprinkle the chocolate over and bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. Allow to cool and cut into squares.