|8||chicken breast fillets|
|sea salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|500||flour — cake|
|3||eggs — whisked|
|500 ml||breadcrumbs — fine, dry|
|250 g||bacon — chopped|
|125 ml||blue cheese — grated|
|250 ml||mature cheddar cheese — grated|
A hearty, one-pot supper to add to your recipe book.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and roll in the flour to coat.
3. Dip in the whisked egg then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat. Place in the prepared dish.
4. Fry the bacon until done, add the mushrooms and fry until done. Add the cream and pour the mixture over the chicken in the dish.
5. Sprinkle the cheese on top, cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and done. Remove the cover and bake until browned.
6. Serve with salad.