|250 g||tennis biscuits — finely crushed|
|200 g||butter — melted|
|10 ml||Vanilla essence|
|90 g||instant pudding — caramel|
|360 g||Caramel Treat|
|90 g||milk chocolate — slab|
1. Mix the biscuits with the melted butter and press onto the bottom of a deep 30 cm square dish. Chill until needed.
2. In a large microwave-proof bowl heat 1 litre (4 c) of the milk with the sugar for 10 mins.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, remaining 500 ml (2 c) milk, flour, cornflour and vanilla essence until smooth.
4. Mix the flour mixture with the hot milk and microwave for 12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes until the mixture is thick. Beat in the butter and leave to cool.
5. Whisk the extra milk and instant pudding together. In a separate bowl whisk the cream until soft peaks form and fold into the instant pudding.
6. When the custard is cooled, start the layering. Pour the custard over the chilled biscuit layer, smooth the caramel condensed milk over the custard, then add the instant pudding mixture. Grate the chocolate over and refrigerate overnight.
A winning recipe from YOU reader Shanleigh House.