|1||onion — chopped|
|1/2||cabbage — shredded|
|2||garlic — cloves, chopped|
|2 cm||fresh ginger — grated|
|500 g||beef mince — lean|
|30 ml||curry powder — roasted|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1||baby cabbage — roughly chopped|
|2||onion — sliced|
|150 g||baby tomatoes|
|30 ml||vinegar — red wine|
|60 ml||brown sugar|
|salt — just a pinch|
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
1. Heat the 15ml oil in an ovenproof pan and fry the onion until fragrant. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until soft. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant.
2. Add the mince and stirfry until the meat has browned. Add the curry, turmeric, chutney and vinegar and stir-fry for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Press the baby cabbage pieces and bay leaves into the top of the mince. Drizzle a little oil over and put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Whisk the milk and eggs together. Remove the pan from the oven and pour the egg custard over. Return the pan to the oven for 25 minutes or until the egg custard has set.
5. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir-fry until the sugar has melted. Simmer slowly for 10 minutes and serve with the bobotie.