|1||instant dried yeast|
|250 ml||milk — lukewarm|
|500 g||flour — cake|
|2 ml||cinnamon — ground|
|5 ml||mixed spice — ground|
|250 g||fruit cake mix|
|3||eggs — just the yolks|
|50 g||butter — diced|
|60 ml||flour — cake|
|30 ml||honey — heated|
Line a 23×15 cm loaf tin with baking paper and grease with nonstick spray.
1. Mix the yeast, milk and half the sugar well in a measuring jug. Leave to stand in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until a thick frothy layer forms on the mixture.
2. Put the cake flour, rest of the sugar, the salt, cinnamon, mixed spice and fruit cake mixture in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook.
3. Put the mixer on slow and gradually add the yeast mixture and egg yolks. Add the butter and leave the blender to knead faster for another 10 minutes or until the dough forms a ball around the hook and isn’t sticky any more. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes or until double in size.
4. Heat the oven to 180 °C. Lightly knead the dough and roll it out in an oval to fit into the loaf tin. Put the dough in the tin and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
5. To finish Mix the cake flour and water and spoon into a piping bag. Pipe a cross on the bread and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown and done. Brush with the honey.