|2||garlic — cloves, chopped|
|2||fresh chillies — chopped|
|15 ml||tomato paste|
|1||tin tomato and onion mix|
|sugar — pinch|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|250 g||cauliflower — broken into florets|
|fresh parsley — handful|
|125 ml||cheddar cheese — grated|
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Keep an ovenproof dish handy.
1. Heat the oil in a deep pan or saucepan and fry the garlic and chillies until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and tomato and onion mixture. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
2. Let the sauce simmer for a bit, then add the boerewors. Cover the pan or saucepan with a lid and simmer until the sausage is cooked, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Once the sausage is cooked, break it into pieces and transfer the mixture to the ovenproof dish.
3. Dumplings Put the cauliflower and parsley in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the 125ml flour, egg and cheese and pulse until combined.
4. Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into balls with your hands. Be careful as the mixture is very soft – if it’s too sticky, dust your hands with flour. Arrange the balls next to one another on top of the boerewors stew.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the dumplings are golden brown. Serve hot.