|500 g||boerewors — casing removed|
|30 ml||Worcestershire sauce|
|30 ml||tomato sauce|
|30 g||breadcrumbs — dry|
|oil — for frying|
|10 ml||oil — for frying|
|1||onion — finely chopped|
|2||garlic — cloves, crushed|
|1||tomato — chopped|
|250 ml||tomato sauce|
|125 ml||Worcestershire sauce|
|250 ml||chutney — hot|
|30 ml||white wine vinegar|
|5 ml||Tabasco sauce|
|8||bread — slices|
|1/2||lettuce — head|
|4||cheddar cheese — slices|
1. Put the boerewors mince, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and breadcrumbs in a bowl and mix well.
Shape the mince into 4 hamburger patties and chill in the fridge.
2. Heat oil in a pot over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and stir thoroughly. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and fry the patties for about 8 minutes or until done to your liking.
4. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the slices on the buttered side. Layer lettuce, tomato and cheese on the unbuttered sides of 4 slices.
5. Top with patties and spoon monkey gland sauce over.
6. Close the burgers with the remaining bread, toasted side up. Serve with chips.