|500 g||pasta — of your choice|
|30 ml||fresh chillies — 573|
|1||onion — chopped|
|1||red pepper — diced|
|1||red chillies — chopped|
|4||garlic — cloves, crushed|
|30 ml||sour cream or plain full-cream yoghurt|
|100 g||mature cheddar cheese — grated|
|10 g||fresh parsley — roughly chopped|
|10 g||fresh basil — roughly chopped|
|lemon — zest and juice|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|to serve — to serve|
|10 g||fresh basil|
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving 125ml (½c) of the cooking liquid.
2. Heat the oil in a deep pan and fry the onion until soft and done. Add
half the diced red pepper and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add the
chillies and garlic and fry for another 5 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat and stir through the sour cream or yoghurt, followed by
the cheese, biltong, parsley and basil. Mix well.
4. Add the pasta and cooking liquid and heat through. Season with the lemon
juice, zest, salt and pepper.
5. To serve Spoon the pasta into bowls, top with the rest of the diced red
pepper and garnish with a generous amount of fresh basil.