|1x280 g||madeira or sponge cake, cut into fingers or broken into pieces|
|300 g||fresh fruit of choice|
|500 ml||prepared custard|
|100 g||pecan nuts — chopped|
|125 ml||cream — fresh, chilled|
|10 ml||icing sugar|
|125 ml||LANCEWOOD® Mascarpone Cheese|
|4||medium sized meringues — roughly crushed|
Prepare the trifle in
individual glasses if desired.
1. Line a round glass dish with a flat bottom (a deep pie
dish works well) with cake fingers. Sprinkle the sherry over and set aside so
the cake can absorb the liquor.
2. cover the cake with half the fresh fruit. Cut larger
pieces of fruit into thin slices. Cover with a layer of custard and scatter
pecan nuts on top.
3. repeat the layers.
4. cover with clingfilm and chill until needed.
5. Whip together the cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks
form. Fold the mascarpone into the sweetened cream and decorate the trifle with
the mixture. (Stir the mascarpone to soften if very thick to make it easier to
fold in.) Whip the cream and mascarpone mixture if not thick enough.
6. Sprinkle the crushed meringue on top and decorate with
more fresh fruit and nuts. Serve.
Leave a Reply