|250 ml||castor sugar|
|125 ml||brown sugar|
|500 ml||flour — sifted|
|7 ml||baking powder|
|10 ml||cinnamon — ground|
|200 ml||sour cream|
|3||bananas — mashed|
|125 ml||castor sugar|
|125 ml||cream — double thick|
|1||banana — sliced|
Moist and luxurious, this banana cake will satisfy any sweet tooth. It’s one of our favourite cakes.
Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Grease a deep ring tin well.
1. Put the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
2. Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Add the sour cream and bananas and stir to combine.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake for 50 minutes or until done (a skewer inserted in the middle should come out clean).
6. Topping: Heat the sugar in a pan over medium-low heat for 1 minute or until it starts to melt at the sides. Add the butter and stir with a whisk. Pour in the cream while stirring and continue stirring until thick. Pour over the cake.
7. Top the cake with banana slices and serve.