Mouthwatering baked custard - oh yes, please!
|1||eggs — yolk only|
|5 ml||vanilla — essence|
|cinnamon — for dusting|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Beat the eggs, yolk and vanilla together.
3. Heat the cream and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and making sure it doesn’t boil over.
4. Add a spoonful of hot cream to the eggs and stir, then continue mixing in a spoonful at a time until all is well incorporated. Pour into four individual ovenproof dishes.
5. Transfer to a roasting pan, half-fill the roasting pan with hot water and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot or chilled.