|250 ml||flour — cake|
|10 ml||baking powder|
|salt — just a pinch|
|30 ml||brown sugar|
|15 ml||golden syrup|
|to serve — to serve|
|ice cream — or whipped cream|
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a medium ovenproof dish
with nonstick spray.
1. Pudding Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time, whisking after each addition.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate
bowl then gradually add to the egg mixture, alternating with the amasi.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared dish and bake for
25-30 minutes or until light brown and cooked through.
4. Caramel bananas Halve one banana lengthways and sprinkle
the cut sides with half the sugar. Grease a pan with nonstick spray and put the
bananas in the pan, sugar side down. Fry until caramelised, remove and set
5. Slice the rest of the bananas. Heat the butter in the same
pan and add the rest of the sugar and the golden syrup. Heat until the sugar
has started to melt then add the sliced bananas. Fry until soft and caramel-coloured.
6. To serve: Spoon the sliced banana caramel over the pudding,
top with the banana halves and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.