|500 g||pasta — penne|
|10 ml||fresh chillies — 573|
|1||onion — chopped|
|400 g||bacon — diced|
|2||garlic — cloves, crushed|
|1||tinned tomatoes — chopped|
|1||canned cherry tomatoes|
|1||tomato paste — tinned|
|3-4||sun-dried tomatoes — soaked in olive oil , chopped|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|fresh basil — handful, chopped|
|parmesan cheese — for sprinkling|
1. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just done but still firm.
2. Add the oil, onion, bacon and garlic to the pan and stir-fry until the bacon is crisp and brown.
3. Pour the canned tomatoes and tomato paste into the pan, lower the heat and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. Strain the pasta and add to the bacon mixture. Add the basil and toss. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over and serve.